8620 Driver Entry Terminal
The 8620 Driver Entry Terminal (DET) is a human machine interface (HMI) device designed for FuelsManager data entry and process management at facility control points, such as:
- Entry and exit gates
- Load racks
- BOL request stations
- Weight scale stations
- Preload stations
It features multiple interface components, such as a display, card reader and fingerprint scanner, that can be used to enter and record pertinent information about the operator or operation.
The 8620 DET interfaces to FuelsManager® Oil and Gas Terminal Automation Edition software. It captures data and provides user prompts or notifications based on the desired configuration. For example, it may capture driver ID for access control, truck ID for equipment safety or provide notifications to drivers, such as product availability in a given load rack. Once authorization of the current process is received from FuelsManager, the 8620 DET sends I/O Commands to connected devices, such as Gates, Presets or PLCs.
- Designed for security, asset protection and process control applications in tank farms, terminals or refineries
- Interfaces with third-party devices, such as electronic presets, PLCs and I/O devices
- User friendly interface (Microsoft Windows® based) provides on screen step-by-step instructions for your specific business processes
- FIPS-201 compliant biometric card reader* supports multiple card technologies, allowing seamless transition to the latest iCLASS Smart Cards. Provides configurable audible and visual feedback to the user
- FIPS-201 compliant high resolution fingerprint scanner*
- Supports TWIC data requirements
- Suitable for installation and use in hazardous areas - FM approved
- Suitable for harsh environments - NEMA 4X
- Robust construction is highly resistant to hard use, abuse and vandalism
- AC or DC operated (20 - 72 V DC to 5 V DC, 2 110 - 240 V AC - 5 V DC)
- Enclosure heater* for low temperature locations
Entry and Exit Gates The 8620 DET can be used to control access to a facility using card readers, fingerprint scanners or ID entry via the keypad. It communicates with FuelsManager Oil and Gas Terminal Automation Edition software to verify ID data and then automatically opens/closes entry and exit gates. It can be installed for driver or pedestrian ease of use. When used for ID verification at a BOL station, it is able to automatically initiate printing of the desired BOL.
Preload Station. When used as a preload station, the 8620 DET can streamline terminal loading operations by reducing time spent at the load rack. A driver may enter load information and verify load data, such as product availability, compartments, allocations and customer information, before entering the load rack. FuelsManager is able to provide notifications to the driver via the 8620 DET, such as “No Mid-grade Available on Bay 4”. Once the load data is verified by FuelsManager, the driver is authorized to proceed to the load rack and load via the preset.
Loading Bay. The 8620 DET receives driver command prompts and notifications from FuelsManager. The driver follows the on screen prompts to configure the desired load information. Once complete, the driver is then authorized to load using the Preset Controller. The combination of FuelsManager and the 8620 DET at the load rack provides a terminal operator with a wide range of options for controlling and verifying load configuration, driver notifications and blend recipes.
Weigh Scale. Similar to a preload station, the 8620 can be integrated with weigh scale operations. A driver follows on screen prompts to capture weights and load information before and after loading.