4532 Average Temperature Sensor and Converter
The 4532 Average Temperature Sensor and Converter (ATC) is a multi element (Pt100) resistance device designed to measure the average product temperature in bulk liquid storage tanks. The measured value is converted into a HART® compatible output for use in temperature compensated volumetric calculations.
The 4532 ATC contains up to 6 temperature elements, spaced at 2 or 3 meter intervals along the length of the probe. Power and local HART communications are provided over a 2-wire, intrinsically safe (i.s.) connection from compatible instruments, such as the Varec 6000 Series Servo Tank Gauge (STG), 7500 Series Radar Tank Gauges (RTG), 4560 Servo Gauge Monitor (SGM) and the 4590 Tank Side Monitor (TSM).
- Intrinsically safe 2-wire HART connection
- Precision multi-spot Pt100 (max. 6) elements
- Both explosion proof (Exd) and intrinsically safe versions are available for installation in various classes of explosion hazardous areas
- Continuous measurement of average liquid and/or average vapor temperature
- Temperature profile throughout the tank is available by reading the position and temperature of each element
- Field communication to control room via 6005 STG or 4590 TSM via industry standard tank gauging protocols
The 4532 ATC is installed vertically onto spheres, bullets, cone, dome or floating roof tanks. An anchor weight can be connected to the end of the element to minimize movement even in the most turbulent conditions.
Average Temperature Calculation
Both liquid and gas average calculations are performed based on level input from the host gauge. In order to provide sufficient averaging data, the 4532/9 Series ATC considers appropriate elements, positioning 300 mm (11.8") below (for liquid average) or above (for gas average) liquid surface, to be a factor of precise average temperature calculation (default setting).
- FM - Explosion Proof, Intrinsically Safe - Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D
- ATEX - Flameproof, Intrinsically Safe - II 1/2 G (or II 2 G) EEx ia IIB T2...T6
- NPT 1/2
Process connection (SUS304)
- 2" 150lbs RF, 304 flange ANSI B16.5
- DN50 PN0 B1, 304 flange EN1092-1 (DIN2527 C)
Element #, interval, probe range (Below flange to end of probe)
- 2...6 Pt100
- 2 m or 3 m spacing
- 2,500...18,500 mm probe range
- Anchor weight (Tall profile)
- Anchor weight (Short profile)
- Tensioning wire + top anchor