The 4000 Advanced Technology Transmitter
The 4000 Advanced Technology Transmitter (ATT) is a precision, digital instrument designed to mount directly to most manufacturers' mechanical tank gauges. The 4000 ATT utilizes an incremental optical encoder to accurately convert and encode the mechanical level measurement from the connected tank gauge. It is able to obtain temperature data from a connected temperature sensor (3-wire RTD). It then transmits level and temperature data - via industry standard communications - to the control room for use in inventory management volumetric calculations.
There are no gears, brushes or wiping fingers that can wear out and no complex photo detectors or LED arrays to align. In fact, there is just one moving part - a single rotating precision disk assembly designed for reliable, accurate results every time, even under extreme environmental conditions.
- Transmits level and temperature information
- Mounts to all standard mechanically operated, float and tape tank gauges
- Designed for mechanical simplicity – only one moving part
- Integrates a spot temperature device into your tank gauging system
- Never requires mechanical calibration
- Communicates over most common field buses
- Extensive lightning and transient protection
- Built-in damping scheme to stabilize the level and temperature in turbulent tanks
- ETL tested to FM & CSA standards for use in hazardous areas
Each 4000 ATT installed must be configured for the specific tank, attached sensors and host interface. All configuration operations are performed using either a HART Handheld Terminal (HHT) or a download from host computer software, such as FuelsManager. However, certain parameters, such as communication address and speed, must be configured via the HHT.
- GPE Loop Communication
- Mark Space Matrix (1600/1700)
- TIWAY Communication
- Whessoe Bus Current Loop (1315)
- L&J Tankway
- GSI Type MODBUS
- CSA - Explosion Proof - Class I, Groups C & D (ETL tested)
- FM - Explosion Proof - Class I, Groups C & D (ETL tested)
Optional Mounting Adaptors
- L&J (Shand & Jurs) 92513, 92514, 92020, 92030
- Whessoe 2006, 2026, 2036 and L&J (Shand & Jurs) 92006