2910 Float & Tape Transmitter
The 2910 Float & Tape Transmitter (FTT) provides data from the tank-side to the control room for use in inventory management volumetric calculations. The 2910 FTT utilizes an absolute capacitance encoder to accurately convert the mechanical level measurement from the connected tank gauge. It is also able to integrate a single temperature sensor and provide cam-operated operated switches for the indication of alarms or drive relays. The encoder and electronics can be ordered as a single unit (no housing) so that they can be placed inside an existing housing at the tank-side. Alternatively, it can be ordered as a limit switch only device to provide alarms or drive relays that does not require power.
- Easy installation - mounts directly to most mechanical tank gauges, including Varec, GSI, L&J and Sakura
- Minimal service or repair with no parts to wear out - absolute encoder utilizes capacitance sensors and precision direct-drive gearing transmits accurate level reading to the control room
- First steps to complete inventory management - Integrate temperature measurement at the control room for volumetric calculations with an on-board 3-wire RTD temperature input
- Industry Standard Protocols - MODBUS, Mark/Space, or Tankway options
- Automation and control - activate alarms or relays with 2 discrete inputs as standard and an optional 2 inputs and 4 contact outputs
- Automation and control - Activate alarms or relays with two or four optional SPDT cam-operated switches
- Select a standard 20-65 VDC or an optional 40-240 VAC on-board power supply
- cFMus ( USA and Canada), IECEx and ATEX approved for use in hazardous areas
- IP66, NEMA Type 4 enclosure rating
The universal mounting allows direct replacement of Varec 1800/1900, L&J 2000 or GSI 2000/2400 transmitters. When replacing other third-party devices, an optional adaptor is available. When replacing an existing transmitter, you may be able to utilize the existing power, communications conduit and junction boxes.
You are also able to keep your existing Varec 1900 or 2900 housing and maintain your safety approval. A complete 2910 FTT electronics assembly includes the encoder and printed circuit board (PCB), which can be snapped in, screwed down and ready to configure in less than 5 minutes.
First Steps to Automation and Control
The 2910 FTT also provides the first steps to automation and control. It can activate alarms or relays using discrete inputs, SPDT cam-operated outputs and software-driven contact outputs.
Many transmitters on the market today require the additional use of a handheld device for configuration or set up; the 2910 FTT does not require a handheld device. Each parameter, such as communications, baud rate, unit address, etc. is easily configured using rotary switches on the main PCB.
No Re-calibration Required
There is no re-calibration required after a power outage as the absolute encoder continues to track the correct level. The galvanically-isolated power supply and optically-isolated communications means one transmitter will not ‘take down’ the entire tank gauging field bus loop. If advanced configuration and diagnostics are required, the technician is able to connect a laptop to the transmitter via the serial port (RS-232) on the main PCB.
Trouble-free Service Life
At Varec, we believe preventive maintenance is key to ensuring continued operation of any instrument. However, the precision components and quality of manufacture means the 2910 FTT requires almost no maintenance and reduces the number of times your technicians are out in the field. A self-contained capacitive encoder means no brushes or contacts that wear out. The IP66/NEMA 4 approved housing will keep moisture and dirt from attacking the electronics for many years. The direct gearing is made from high-grade stainless steel components that will provide a smooth, precise and trouble-free service life.
- No housing required (electronics upgrade only)
- Housing included (complete unit)
- 20 - 65 VDC (includes 2 additional discrete inputs & 4 output contacts)
- 40 - 240 VAC
- EIA-485 MODBUS/GSI Type MODBUS
- Tankway (L&J)
- No additional inputs/outputs
- Two (2) additional discrete inputs and four (4) output contacts - AC powered transmitter
- Two (2) additional discrete inputs and four (4) output contacts - DC powered transmitter
Limit Switches (ranges 0-100 ft)
- No additional limit switches
- Two (2) SPDT - Normally open limit switches
- Four (4) SPDT - Normally open limit switches