2520 High Pressure Automatic Tank Gauge
The 2520 High Pressure Automatic Tank Gauge (ATG) is a mechanically operated, float and tape instrument designed to provide continuous liquid level measurement in high pressure bulk storage applications. These simple and reliable instruments have been used for inventory management in the oil and gas industry for more than 60 years.
Float and Tape Tank Gauging
The measured level is displayed using a dial and counter built into the gaugehead. The 2520 ATG has many product options that allow it to be installed on the tank roof or at the tank side (at grade), which would facilitate ground level reading by the operator. If electronic transmission of level data or temperature measurement integration is required in the control room, then the gauge can be fitted with an optional tank gauging transmitter.
- Rated to 150, 220* or 300 PSI (10.3, 15* and 20.6 Bar) gage
- Low cost, continuous measurement – up to 0.2” (4 mm) accuracy
- No power required for continuous operation
- Meets API Chapter 3.1B regulations for inventory control applications
- Easy to read display – metric or imperial in decimals or fractions
- Wide variety of installation kits and materials available
- Mounting for optional transmitters or limit switches
- Floats available for standard, interface or stilling well applications
*220 PSI (15 Bar) gage model conforms to ATEX, Class I, Zone 2 (Ex II 2G T5)
Tank Gauging System Integration
A range of analog and digital tank gauge transmitters is available that mounts directly to the 2520 ATG with an optional adaptor. Level measurement data is encoded by the transmitter and output via industry standard communications to the control room. Some transmitters also offer spot temperature measurement integration that can be used for inventory control applications. When a tank gauge transmitter is used, communications and power are required at the gaugehead.
Units of Measurement
- English, metric, decimal or fractional
- Negator motor
- Grade reading on spherical tanks up to 60 ft diameter
- Tank top reading for sphere or bullet tanks
- Interface or stilling well